Write about a time when you did something out of the norm. What was it and how did others react

 A time when I did something out of the norm was when I started dressing and presenting myself the way I want to. I had always been fascinated with alternative culture since I was a little kid, I didn't enjoy the music, but I still thought it was cool. When I first tried in middle school, picking up new clothes shopping for new clothes, the reaction was about what you'd expect from a bunch of middle schoolers. It was pretty bad and it affected me very poorly during that time. I ended up going back to "normal" by 9th grade. But there were these times when I'd be told from a friend that they actually thought the way I dressed back then was cool or that actually had a bit of respect for it but never spoke up. That hurts a bit, hearing those things back then would've changed my perspective on myself but nonetheless they were never said until later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Troy’s complaint about the unfair job system shows his frustration with racial discrimination. How did this conversation make you think about fairness and opportunity in society today? If you were in Troy’s position, what would you do?

Prompt: Different cultures have different customs surrounding food and eating. Describe a food-related custom you grew up with or have experienced. How does this custom reflect your family's values or cultural background?