Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.
Prompt Response: When I was a child I used to believe in Santa Claus, I wish there was a bit more to talk about with that but it's just what it is. I used to believe that Santa came every Christmas and gave us all presents. That got spoiled for me pretty early on; my dad was the one who told me Santa was made up, the tooth fairy wasn't real, etc. He always likes to keep things truthful.
Summary: I used to believe in Santa as a kid, until my dad told me otherwise.
Reflection: I feel as if the reason my dad told me the truth was because beyond simple myths like Santa and the tooth fairy, he didn't want me to get accustomed to believing in things that simply weren't real and were there simply to provide a fake sense of awe or joy, or were ways to cope/instill hope that wasn't real.
Comments
Post a Comment