Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: I used to and still to get assumed to be of lower intelligence or someone who doesn't really try in school. When I'd be put into a group that was assigned instead of chosen person-to-person, I'd always be relied on the least, and not really asked questions. I would always combat this by doing the work faster than everyone else and letting them copy off me. It was after that they'd realize in the future when we're in a group together, that that's not who I am.

Summary: Sometimes I get assumed to be "dumb", I combat it by working at equal, or faster output.

Reflection: I realize the reason I feel a need to be faster or don't enjoy the perks of being relied on less is because I feel disrespected as my whole life i've been taught that was the worst role to be. The dead weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Troy’s complaint about the unfair job system shows his frustration with racial discrimination. How did this conversation make you think about fairness and opportunity in society today? If you were in Troy’s position, what would you do?

Prompt: Different cultures have different customs surrounding food and eating. Describe a food-related custom you grew up with or have experienced. How does this custom reflect your family's values or cultural background?